National Retail Federation (NRF) Show: What to Look For in 2023
Believe it or not, 2022 is almost over. That means 2023 is right around the corner — and so is the National Retail Federation (NRF) 2023 show!
The NRF show touts itself as “retail’s big show.” It’s designed to unite, guide, and share insights with professionals in the retail industry. This three-day event features over 175 sessions, more than 350 speakers, and 800-plus exhibitors.
Are you thinking about attending next year’s convention? Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect.
National Retail Federation Show: The Basics
The 2023 trade show takes place from January 15 to 17 at the Javits Center in New York. An opening party is also scheduled for January 14.
This convention features the latest and greatest retail solution for retailers of all kinds. It also offers an Innovation Lab and Startup Zone to teach you about new, breakthrough retail technology.
In addition to learning about new developments and sharpening their skills, attendees also get various opportunities to connect with others in the retail space and build stronger professional relationships.
New in 2023
The 2023 NRF show will differ from past events thanks to the addition of the Consumer Product Showcase. This program, sponsored by American Express and SAP, gives buyers and merchandisers a chance to connect with small business owners and learn about their products.
The showcase also includes a fun competition.
Every retailer attending the 2023 show will receive a Showcase ticket when registering. This ticket allows them to vote for their favorite product at the showcase. The top two companies will receive $15,000 (for first place) and $10,000 (for second place).
Those who are attending NRF 2023 to learn will have plenty of opportunities to gain insights from the biggest names in the retail sector. The following are some of the featured speakers who will be traveling to NYC for the event:
- Geoffroy van Raemdonck: CEO of Neiman Marcus Group
- Carol B. Tomé: CEO of UPS
- Carlos Londono: Vice President and Head of Supply Chain at Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Emily Erkel: Co-Founder of LePrix
- John Furner: President and CEO of Walmart U.S.
- Valerie de Charette: VP of International Digital at American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
Plenty of other prominent retail professionals will also be present to learn, network, and showcase their latest offerings on the expo floor. You can view a complete list of NRF 2023 speakers here.
Speaking of the expo floor, let’s talk about what you can expect from the expo at the NRF 2023 show.
Next year’s expo features several exciting programs, including the following:
- Innovation Lab: An immersive exhibit that showcases groundbreaking technology, including artificial intelligence, augmented reality, machine learning, facial recognition, and robotics
- Startup Zone: A chance to connect with the newest retail companies and learn about their most impressive ideas
- Food Tech Pavilion: A collection of curated exhibitors with systems designed to address the needs of various food service businesses
- Exhibitor Big Ideas: A collection of sessions to show attendees how products work in the real world
Currently, the Retail Expo Pass is available for free. Those who take advantage of this limited-time offer will get access to hundreds of exhibitors and 100 different sessions featuring product demos, case studies, and more.
In addition to providing lots of opportunities to learn about the latest technology and products for the retail space, the NRF show is an excellent place to network. Here are some of the most noteworthy networking events you might want to attend during the three-day show:
- Opening Party: Gather at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square to connect with old friends and make new ones
- Expo Tours: Two-hour walking tours through the expo floor to find unique solutions and get to know other attendees
- Guided Retail Store Tours: Curated, guided walking tours that introduce you to the cutting-edge retail spaces of global leaders
- VC Startup Meetups: NRF is matching innovative startups and investors and arranging one-on-one meetings.
- Retail’s CIO Party: An invite-only event where you can enjoy hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and connections with retail tech leaders.
- Retail Table Talks: Retailer-only small group discussions meant to connect people with similar challenges
- Donut Dunks: Early morning opportunities to grab a bite to eat, chug some coffee, and connect before a busy day
Want to invite members of your network to the 2023 show? NRF is making it easy with these pre-made social media invites.
How to Attend NRF 2023
Are you excited about the National Retail Federation’s 2023 show? Register online through the organization’s website if you want to attend.
Register as an individual or bring your whole team. You can also choose between a full conference pass, expo pass, or exhibitor registration.
Remember that the earlier you register, the better. You’ll still get the NRF’s special advance rate if you register on or before November 16!