Trade Show Booth Flooring Ideas
When you’re making plans for a trade show booth, where do you spend most of your time? Are you thinking about signage and decorations? What about the swag you’re going to pass out to attendees? These are all important aspects of a great booth, of course. However, if you focus too much on them, you might be neglecting another crucial design element: The flooring! That’s right. Your flooring can have a big impact on how visitors view your booth and your company as a whole.
When you invest in special flooring, it shows that you’re willing to go the extra mile to stand out and provide a unique experience. That’s something attendees will remember when they think about your company in the future.
Top Trade Show Booth Flooring Ideas
Not sure what to do for the floor at your next show? From carpet to tile, listed below are some ideas that can help you level up your trade show flooring and make a great impression on everyone who stops by your booth:
- Tiles: Tiles can be made from a variety of materials, including carpet, foam, rubber, vinyl. They’re highly versatile and easy to transport, set up, and take down.
- Raised Floor Tiles: Raised floor tiles can also be made from different materials. They help to elevate (literally) and differentiate your booth space from the other booths at the event.
- Eco-Friendly Flooring: Eco-friendly flooring may be made from materials like bamboo, recycled tires, cork, and even seagrass. For brands that value environmental protection, this is a great way to stay aligned with your values while attending a trade show.
- Custom-Printed Floorboards: To ensure that no one forgets who you are, consider ordering custom-printed floorboards that feature your brand’s name and logo. This helps you to stand out and create a “fifth wall” for your booth.
- LED Flooring: Flooring with LED strips adds a unique, modern touch to your booth. LED strips will highlight the most important aspects of your booth, plus they’re flexible, waterproof, easy to install, and can withstand large amounts of foot traffic.
- Rugs/Carpet: Laying down a nice rug or piece of carpeting can also differentiate your booth from others at the event and provide some extra cushion for you and other exhibitors. A patterned rug or piece of carpet can also add a cozy feeling to your booth without being overwhelming or difficult to set up.
- Foam Padding: Foam padding is great for adding extra comfort to your booth, which your staff will surely appreciate. As a bonus, foam is lightweight and easy to pack in and out, too.
- Rollable Vinyl Flooring: Some vinyl flooring options come in large rolls that you can spread out on the floor of your booth space and then roll back up at the end of the day. This is an affordable way to lay down unique flooring at your exhibit and also separate your booth from the others nearby.
- Turf: Turf is a great flooring option for active and outdoorsy brands. Not only will it help you stand out from other booths, but it will also align better with your brand and create a more cohesive appearance.
- Wood Flooring: An alternative to tile and vinyl, wood flooring comes in planks that snap or slide together. This type of flooring is more expensive than some other options, but it can also add an elegant and highly distinctive feeling to your booth.
Bonus Tips for Choosing Trade Show Flooring
When you’re choosing the flooring for your trade show or convention booth, the material is obviously an important consideration. There’s more to factor into your flooring decision, though, including the following:
- Availability: Due to recent supply chain issues due to COVID-19, flooring manufactured outside of the USA may not be available or in limited supply. Be sure to check with your provider first to make sure your selection is in stock.
- Consider color: Back, grey, and navy floors are all very common. By going for a colored flooring option or one with a unique pattern, you can differentiate yourself from other booths.
- Focus on branding: Make sure your flooring choice aligns with your company’s branding. If your company makes eco-friendliness a top priority, for example, bamboo flooring or recycled flooring is a great choice.
- Use raised flooring if you have lots of wires: Raised flooring makes it easy to run wires underneath and helps you avoid accidentally unplugging something if you step in the wrong spot.
- Prioritize quality and durability: If you’re going to be using your flooring at several different shows and events, it’s worth it to invest in high-quality, durable material. Otherwise, you’ll spend more money, in the long run, to continue replacing it.
Update Your Exhibit Design with New Flooring
As you’re getting ready for your upcoming trade shows and events, it’s important to think about all elements of your booth, including the flooring. Consider this list of ideas so you can take your exhibiting to the next level and “wow” all the trade show attendees who come your way.
If you have questions about trade show flooring or would like to discuss options for your booth, contact your local Skyline Exhibits dealer.