The Power of Sponsorships: Tips to Increase Your Presence at Trade Shows
Are you getting ready to attend a big trade show with your team? Do you want to maximize your presence and connect with as many attendees as possible? If you said “yes” to either question, a trade show sponsorship is one of the most effective strategies for exhibitors like you to achieve your goals. Some people brush sponsorships off as too expensive, but there are lots of ways that you can save money and enjoy the benefits they have to offer. Read on to learn everything you need to know.
What Is a Trade Show Sponsorship?
When you become a sponsor for a trade show, you support the event with money or by providing specific products or services to the event planners and attendees. In exchange for your support, your company’s logo will be prominently featured across the trade show floor. This, in turn, provides you with added exposure and increased interest from attendees who may want to find out what your business is all about.
Brands can sponsor a trade show and increase their presence in a variety of ways.
For example, the International CES Show offers opportunities to be part of the CES Tech Talk Podcast, as well as a chance to hang your business’s banner on the trade show floor or set up shop in the press room.
The SEMA Show also offers a wide range of sponsorship options, from hanging banners throughout the event center to providing branded swag and being part of the SEMA News Magazine.
Why Include Sponsored Events in Your Marketing Plan?
Are you planning on investing in sponsorship to increase your presence at trade shows in the coming year, or are you still on the fence? If the latter is true for you and your team, the following points may convince you that including sponsored events in your marketing plan is a good idea:
- Gain a Competitive Edge: Becoming a sponsor at a trade show event gives you a unique advantage over your competitors. By expanding your reach and boosting name recognition, you’ll increase the likelihood that people will check out your products instead of your competitors’ products.
- Expand Your Audience: Speaking of name recognition, sponsoring a trade show also expands your audience and gets more people interested in what your business has to offer. If attendees see your brand’s name plastered all over the event, they’re going to be more inclined to see what you’re all about.
- Build Credibility: Sponsorships can build credibility, too.
Often, attendees will see brands that sponsor events in a more favorable light than others. They may also see your products or services as more legitimate or trustworthy. After all, why would your name be everywhere if you weren’t the real deal?
Generate More Leads
By sponsoring an event and driving more traffic to your business’s booth, you’ll have an easier time making connections with attendees and generating more leads. This also creates more opportunities for you to explain your products and services and ensure you meet (or even exceed) your sales goals.
How to Save Money on Sponsorship Opportunities
Sponsorships have a lot to offer, but they can also be pricey. If you’re not sure how you’re going to be able to fit sponsoring an event into your budget, consider these money-saving tactics:
- Do Some Research: Get in touch with a representative from the trade show and talk to them about their sponsorships. Then, find out which ones were sold first at the previous event and which ones didn’t go until the last minute or didn’t get sold at all. When you learn about these events, consider negotiating a lower price since they’re not as popular as some of the other options.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Negotiate: Speaking of negotiating, remember that there’s almost always room to lower the price of sponsorship or increase the number of benefits that you get in exchange for a particular price. If you increase the value of the sponsorship, you may be more inclined to invest since you’ll get more out of it.
- Create a Custom Sponsorship: On a similar note, you can also consider creating a customized sponsorship just for your company. If you have a unique idea that works for your business’s goals, pitch it to the trade show organizers and offer a price that you think is fair. Some extra negotiating will likely be required, but this approach can still help you land a sponsorship deal that is appropriate for your brand.
Get Sponsors for Your Next Trade Shows Today
As you can see, there are lots of reasons to consider sponsorship opportunities for your next trade show. If you’re ready to move forward and become a sponsor, be sure to follow the tips outlined above so you can get the most bang for your buck.