With many trade shows staying on track and proceeding as planned, we know that each large show city has different guidelines. In this blog post, we are taking a closer look at successful events that have happened in Chicago, and other fun things to do while you aren’t on the show floor!
- FABTECH 2021 is North America’s largest metal forming, fabricating, welding, and finishing event. It was hosted at McCormick Place from September 13-16, 2021 for the first time since November 2019. The event drew in over 24,000 attendees that had the opportunity to check out new products and attend technical presentations. Attendees say the Covid safety protocols in place made them feel safe and comfortable!
- RAPID + TCT – 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing Event also took place at McCormick Place this September. This show had a hybrid option where attendees were also able to join a digital experience if they didn’t feel comfortable attending the show. Being the largest influential additive manufacturing event in North America, attendees had the chance to see all the advancements taking place in the technical world. They look forward to returning to their traditional timeframe in 2022 as it will be hosted in May once again.
- Apartmentalize 2021 took place at the McCormick Place from August 31-September 2. The theme of the show was Reconnect, Restart, Reenergize – a perfect theme for the times we are living in with the return of trade shows and live events! Many attendees had the opportunity to connect after 1.5 years about how new technologies emerged and how the industry adapted
We’ve given you five Chicago eateries to go to in your free time (click that link if you missed it!), but there is much more to explore in the “Windy City” than just restaurants! If you have any trade shows coming up in Chicago, here are other activities that may spark your interest:
- Art Institute of Chicago: this museum is one of the world’s great art museums, located right in downtown Chicago. If art is something that interests you, this is a great option to take a look at when you aren’t on the trade show floor!
- Navy Pier: The Navy Pier is located right on the water and is one of Chicago’s top attractions. There is dining, shopping, and attractions such as the Centennial Wheel. So, when you have a free moment outside of your event, you can buy tickets to Pier Park here!
- Millennium Park houses the famous “Bean” that you’ve likely seen in photos (or you may have already seen it yourself). They also have an events calendar that might have activities or other exhibitions that you can check out!
- Chicago River Tours: cruise down the Chicago River and take a tour of the city’s most famous architecture! On this boat ride you will have an onboard guide and more than 40 notable buildings that you will see right from the boat. These tours have very flexible times and run many times a day for when you aren’t on the show floor!
With the success of events happening safely in Chicago, we also want to help your trade show program be a success. If you have any questions or need assistance, Skyline is always here to help!