Make Your Exhibit a Destination! More Travel & More Attendees in 2022
It’s time to get back into the swing of in-person trade shows. As you do, consider what your exhibits are going to do to draw in a crowd. National and international travel is increasing rapidly, which means it is more important for marketers and businesses alike to be ready to create in-person experiences that are both impactful and meaningful to all involved. As the exhibition season gets underway, what are you doing to ensure the best possible experience?
What’s to Come This Year?
There is a lot of speculation as to what the 2022 exhibition season will bring. In nearly all situations, the expectations are for a return to in-person events.
- Some reports indicate that 94% of showgoers miss events like this, with 86% stating they missed live entertainment and activities.
- About 75% of survey respondents indicated they were extremely or very likely to head back to large gatherings, with just 10% stating they would not attend.
- The ISC West event saw an 88% increase in participation rates in 2022 compared to the year prior.
The statistics across the board indicate that people are returning to travel and ready to come back to tradeshows. A core consideration for trade show exhibitors is not just about the number of people in attendance but also their ability to wow those individuals.
Stepping Away from the Virtual Environment
Over the last two years, organizations have hosted numerous virtual trade shows with solid results. Anyone that has can surely pat themselves on the back for a job well done. The stakes are high, though, coming back to in-person experiences. How will it be possible to wow people and create an inviting, alluring exhibit that brings them in when it may not offer all of the same features as an online experience?
Consider a few key strategies:
- Ensure signage defines your purpose. Be sure that graphics tell them what’s in it for them if they stop by. Messaging like this can be eye-catching and intriguing while also being instantly beneficial to the audience.
- Make people feel invited to the event. Ensure there is ample seating and plenty of people to engage with visitors as they stop by. It is also a good idea to ensure that the space feels welcoming and comfortable rather than hot and too crowded.
- Communicate your brand consistently. This includes incorporating the same brand coloring and images. Your trade show booth should always have the same overall wording and stylistic elements that showcase what your business really has to offer.
- When possible, demonstrate how your products work. This is not always easy to do, but it is one of the most effective ways to grab the attention of your target audience. They want to know exactly what is going on. Demonstrations help you to stand out from the noisy crowd, too.
- Get rid of the barriers. Remove any obstacles that make it hard for you to communicate with your showgoers. That includes any items that prevent them from stepping in and talking to you. Be sure your booth is so inviting they want to have a conversation because they don’t feel as though they are going to knock everything over.
Eye-catching displays with high-quality graphics and ample color are still the tools of the trade. Elevating the quality of those displays can play a big role in the success you have. Along with impressive displays, be sure anyone in attendance can pick up on the excitement about your products and services. Use vibrancy, sound, and smiles to draw people into your event or trade show booth.