Banner stands can be found up and down most aisles at every trade show, becoming as common, perhaps even more common, than the ubiquitous pop up display. Here are 5 reasons why banner stands have become so popular:
1. Three banner stands make a lighter, more portable 10-foot booth Originally banner stands were used only as a single unit, presenting a graphic about 8 feet tall and 3 feet wide. It gave exhibitors a very portable graphic they could put almost anywhere. Need a show-specific message as an add-on to your 10-foot display? Slap it on a banner stand. But then exhibitors figured out they could fill their entire 10-foot trade show booth with 3 banner stands that still weighed less and took less space and effort to carry. I’ve even seen 9 banner stands used in a row to make a 30 foot backwall.
2. Bolder, more durable graphics It used to be that to get sharp-looking banner stand graphics, you had to get a laminated print that either curled or was easily damaged. But with the recent improvements in fabric graphics, exhibitors can now get a bold, sharp graphic that also is much more durable.
3. Even easier set up With some training or experience you can learn to set up a pop up display in 10 to 15 minutes, which used to be considered a blink of the eye in trade show time. But now the bar is set much higher. Three banner stands take only a few minutes to set up, and are much less complicated, with many fewer parts. Retractable banner stands are almost as easy as pulling down a shade, only from the ground up!
4. Greater flexibility With some planning and good design, you can design three banner stands to be used together, and then still use one of the three by itself. You can even design the banner stand graphic to allow its use as a tabletop display, by only pulling the graphic half way out of the housing. And with some banner stands (like Skyline’s), you can very easily change the graphic out for a new message.
5. More uses beyond trade shows People who exhibit at trade shows have other marketing responsibilities, and they soon found many other uses for these lighter, more portable banner stands. Because they set up in a flash to put a large format graphic message wherever desired, banner stands make a memorable impact at special events, meetings, lobbies, showrooms, seminars, conferences, and more.
Lighter, faster, and more flexible banner stands have changed the expectations of what a portable display should be, and where to use it. While 3 banner stands in a row lack the curved pop-up’s seamless backwall and illusion of mass, for many exhibitors the 5 advantages outlined above make up for it, and then some.